LEP business leaders and knowledge of place’ recognised in New Year Honours
Business leaders from England’s Local Enterprise Partnerships have been recognised by the Queen for their exceptional levels of achievement in their local areas.
LEP business leaders were awarded the following in the 2021 New Year Honours:
- Dr Sally Ann Forsyth, Hertfordshire LEP board member, and Chief Executive Officer, Stevenage Bioscience Catalyst, was awarded an OBE for services to Business and to Science.
- Professor Shearer West, D2N2 LEP board member, Chair of the D2N2 People and Skills Advisory Board, and Vice-Chancellor of the University of Nottingham, was awarded a CBE for services to Higher Education.
- Adrian Hawkins, Hertfordshire LEP board member and founder of Weldability Sif and Managing Director of Welding World, was awarded an OBE for services to Business.
- Ellen Thinneson, North East LEP board member, Chair of the LEP Skills Advisory Panel, and Chief Executive and Principal of Sunderland College, was awarded an OBE for services to Education.
- David Walrond, Cornwall and Isles of Scilly LEP board member, and Chair of Trustees at Callywith College, was awarded an OBE for services to Further Education in Cornwall.
- Dan Dark, former Hertfordshire LEP board member, and current EVP of worldwide studio operations at Warner Bros, was awarded an OBE for services to the UK Film Industry.
- Doug Field, former Chair, New Anglia LEP, was awarded an OBE for services to Business in Norfolk and Suffolk.
A full list of the Queen’s 2021 New Year Honours is available here.